Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 18 February 2011

Forty Hours at Littlemore for the Unity of the Church



chapel
Over the weekend of March 4th-6th
there will be
the Forty Hours Devotion
in Bl. John Henry Newman's
Chapel at the College in Littlemore,
with the specific intention for
the Unity of the Church.


Friday March 4th 9 am Mass and Exposition until 9 pm
4pm Catechesis and Benediction for children

Saturday March 5th Exposition 7 am until 9 pm

Sunday March 6th Exposition 7 am until 9 pm
4pm Talk in the library by Fr. Richard Conrad OP, Vice-Regent of Blackfriars, on "Unity - A mark of the Church"



Daily Prayer will be celebrated as follows:
7 am Morning Prayer
12 noon Midday Prayer
5 pm Vespers
8 pm Holy Hour with meditations and hymns
concluding with Benediction and Night Prayer





1 comment:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Thanks for posting this..