Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Monday 19 August 2024

Marian Pilgrimage - Our Lady of the Park in Liskeard


The next detour takes the pilgrims to Cornwall and to Liskeard and the shrine of Our Lady of the Park on the outskirts of the town. My article from last year, with links to previous posts, can be seen at Marian Pilgrimage - Our Lady of the Park in Liskeard


More information about the revival of the devotions there can be seen at The Lost Shrine of Ladyepark at Liskeard in Cornwall and in two undated articles from Independent Catholic News at A Cornish pilgrimage to Ladye Parke, Liskeard and at The lost shrine of Liskeard

May Our Lady of the Park pray for The King and all the Royal Family and for us all


No comments: