Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 28 July 2021

‘Traditionis Custodes’ - the continuing debate


Following my previous posts on the motu proprio I thought the flurry of posted commentaries and views on the Internet such that I could not hope to keep up with them all.  Dr Peter Kwasniewski on the New Liturgical Movement implies that he perhaps feels similarly but he has drawn together a whole series of posts - some by people I know - and linked to them on the NLM site. 

The selection can be accessed from his post at 
 
I do urge readers to read about the motu proprio and the responses to it so as to be informed and equipped to state the case for tradition and for the freedom to offer and attend the historic Latin Rite.


No comments: