Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 11 May 2022

Marian Pilgrimage - Our Lady of Coventry


For whatever reason the route of the Pilgrimage now lurches to the the Midlands before returning to East Anglia after its visit to the medieval cathedral of St Mary in Coventry. My artivle about thr history of the devotion and its modern restoration can be read at Our Lady of Coventry

Our Lady of Coventry Pray for us 


No comments: