Today is the feast of dedication of St Chad's Metropolitan Cathedral in Birmingham. Built in 1839-41 by A.W.N. Pugin, whose bicentenary is this year, it has served as the cathedral of the diocese since 1852 following the restoration of the hierarchy in 1850. Since 1941 it has had the status of a Minor Basilica - a dignity only held elsewhere in England now by Downside Abbey. There is an account of the cathedral here.
The interior of the cathedral
The interior as designed by Pugin, complete with the Rood Screen - now at Holy Trinity Reading
The modern Archiepiscopal throne in the style of Pugin