Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Monday 17 January 2022

A new threat to the Order of Malta


A friend has forwarded to me a disturbing post from The Pillar about Vatican plans to more or less impose a new constitution on the Order of Malts. As my friend says, is there no end to the vandalism?

The post, which appears well sourced, can be seen at Order of Malta would be 'subject' of Holy See under new constitution and all the appended comments are telling in what they say.

Another religious group to pray for ….


No comments: