Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 10 November 2010

Adding to the blogroll

    In addition to repairing a few damaged links I have added two more blogs to the list.

    One is Offerimus tibi Domine - the work of Fr Simon Henry at the church of St Catherine Laboure, Farington at Leyland in Lancashire. I discovered this through Fr Ray Blake's blog.

    The other is Linen on the Hedgerow, the work of a layman, Richard Collins.He contacted me via the comments box following my post about Bl. George Napier, having posted about him here, with a contemporary account of his last hours.


    No comments: