Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 10 May 2024

Marian Pilgrimage - Our Lady of Grace in Cambridge


The Pilgrimage now crosses over to Cambridge and to the lost Shrine of Our Lady of Grace in the Dominican friary. The site is now occupied by the Elizabethan foundation of Emmanuel College.

My article about the statue from 2020 and an additional note from 2021 can be read at Our Lady of Grace in Cambridge and Our Lady of Grace in Cambridge respectively.

May Our Lady of Grace of Cambridge pray for The King and all the Royal Family and for us all


No comments: