Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 17 November 2023

Technical problems


Apologies to regular readers for not posting recently but my computer technology has been ‘playing up’ - my mobile phone is terminally ill and in intensive care, and has received the Last Rites. Hopefully next week things will be easier. I shall attempt to add a few notes to the blog in the meantime.


2 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Dear “Once I Was A Clever Boy”.

Delighted to read that you will soon be back
publishing as normal.

Modern-day computer technical problems are, sadly,
an everyday occurrence. Zephyrinus recently “enjoyed”
the same failings and it took a long time to remove
the problems.

Your Readers will welcome your resumption of normal service.

In Domino

Matthew F Kluk said...

Glad you're back !