Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Monday 7 March 2016

The health of King Michael


The recent sombre news about the health of the King of Romania has occasioned a post from The Mad Monarchist which is perfectly fair in what it says, that is that words are cheap and actions speak louder. His post can be read at Hollow Words for the King of Romania

                                             
The Royal Arms of the King of Romania

Image: Wikipedia


No comments: