Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Tuesday 6 March 2012

Concelebration


Eucharistic concelebration is one of those topics likely to raise the blood pressure, or at least the temperature of debate, with many, and usually with no useful outcome.

I was, therefore, interested to read on Zenit this article, the address of Cardinal Cañizares at the launch of a new book on the subject by Msgr. Guillaume Derville La concélébration eucharistique. Du symbole à la réalité (Wilson & Lafleur) and which can be read at Cardinal Cañizares on Beauty in the Liturgy and Concelebration.

His Eminence, the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, makes some judicious comments, very much in line with the themes of the present Pontificate. I assume the book will soon be translated into English - until then the Cardinal's observations are a helpful guide to current thought at the Vatican.

2 comments:

John F H H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John F H H said...

Having done some looking "behind the scenes"
the embedded link points to
Yahoo's welcome page
rather than:
http://www.zenit.org/article-34403?l=english

My concern in the previous comment was that because I was logged in,my browser went straight from the link to my own home page.

Kind regards,
John U.K.