Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 30 November 2011

Forthcoming Usus Antiquior Masses in Oxford


There will be Mass in the Extraordinary Form at the church of SS Gregory and Augustine, Woodstock Road, Oxford on the following occasions in the near future:

Wednesday 30th November, St Andrew, 6 p.m. (and, of course, every Wednesday at that time)

Thursday, 1st December, Martyrs of the University of Oxford, 12 noon.

Friday, 2nd December, First Friday, 6 p.m.

Thursday 8th December, The Immaculate Conception of Our Lady, 12 noon.

Tuesday 13th December, St Lucy, 6 p.m. This is Fr Saward's ordination anniversary.

Sunday 18th December Advent IV, Sung Mass, 12 noon.

No comments: