Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 28 May 2010

EF Masses in Oxford in June


Regular Masses:

Sunday 8am (Low Mass) Oxford Oratory


Wednesday 6pm (Low Mass) SS Gregory & Augustine, Woodstock Road

Thursday 9am (Low Mass: readings in the vernacular) St Anthony of Padua, Headley Way

Saturday 9.30am (Low Mass) St Birinus, Dorchester on Thames

Other celebrations in June:

Thursday June 3rd Corpus Christi
12.15pm Sung Mass, Oxford Oratory
6pm Low Mass, SS Gregory & Augustine

Friday June 4th St Francis Caracciolo (First Friday)
6
pm, Low Mass, SS Gregory & Augustine

Friday June 11th
Sacred Heart
12.15pm Low Mass, Oxford Oratory
6pm Sung Mass, SS Gregory & Augustine

Tuesday June 29th
SS Peter & Paul
12.15pm, Low Mass, Oxford Oratory


No comments: