Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Tuesday 30 March 2010

Ex Fide blog


Fr Hunwicke has drawn to the attention of his readers the posting on Ex Fide about the Palm Sunday Liturgy as celebrated at the great Anglo-Catholic church of St Magnus the Martyr in London (the church celebrated by T.S.Eliot in The Wasteland). These splendid pictures are well worth looking at as to how the English Missal preserves pre-1955 forms and can be an inspiration for those who look to a real "Reform of the Reform", as showing what Anglicanorum Coetibus can, with Divine assistance and human faith and understanding, help restore to the Church. This blog is a new discovery for me, and one I have added to the sidebar.

No comments: